Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Blessing in the Un-Blessing

On the heels of my recent post about being blessed, I just have to tell you how fortunate we are. Recently, like within the last 2 weeks (possibly even a shorter amount of time that that), we have experienced some "issues" that needed immediate attending to.

The battery in the blue van died. It had to be towed to Belle Tire and have the battery replaced. ($150)

At the same moment, the battery in the lawnmower was also dead. (Fortunately we were able to take it to Grandpa's house and recharge at no cost to us)

My blow dryer died. Just stopped working, on the first morning I had to be back to work. So I drove to Meijer with a wet head and bought a new one. ($20)

Our refrigerator (mainly freezer, but the whole unit) quit working. I had to chase down a new refrigerator. I first bought one at Sears ($1400), and the bought a second one at ABC Warehouse ($1300), then had to return the first one. Which really worked out better in the long run, because the second one was better than the first and came delivered the next day.

This morning as Greg was leaving I heard a loud bang. I though he drove into the garage door. I checked and didn't see anything. When it was time to leave to take Jacob and Grace to school I learned that the garage door was broke and would not open. I had all 4 kids help me use brute force to lift it up, then Jacob and Grace held it up while I drove out. Garage door repairman was able to come out today. ($315)

It is inconvenient, a pain, and I definitely complained. However, I am more than blessed that God ALWAYS provides and we had money in our savings to cover these things. Even when things look gross, know that God is in control. His plan is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment