Sunday, September 27, 2015

What a Day!

It's been a day. Tailgate at church, girls to Tiger's game with Grandma, Grant to football with Grandpa, Greg golfing with his dad and I had Jacob at his first basketball game of this season. Jacob's performance at his first game, while being better than the others on his team, was definitely NOT ON. He seemed slow. Oh well, I thought. After that game I took him to get a chicken sandwich
and a protein bar. While we were waiting for the next game to start, he started to complain that his vision was blurry. I gave him Tylenol and made him drink some water and eat some almonds - thinking that he was dehydrated or hungry. When it came time to start the game, he was REALLY lagging. He could not keep up with anyone, and kept rubbing his eyes. I told the dad that was coaching to pull him out. He sat out for 3/4 of the game, then turned around to tell me he was ready to go home. So we left. He lied back in the car and rested. He would moan and say his head hurt. All of a sudden he sat up straight and said his stomach hurt. I asked if he was going to throw up and he said he didn't think so. To be safe I was attempting to get the garbage can, when he turned right at me and starting throwing up. ALL. OVER. ME. All over my whole side of the van. The steering wheel. The dashboard. The window. Horrible. Like an idiot, I kept driving, but put the window down. His next round of barf went halfway out the window, all over the side of my van and onto the 2 motorcyclists riding behind us. Oh I felt REALLY bad then. I finally got the sense enough to pull over and his 3rd round of barfing was FINALLY outside. He is now resting in bed and Greg is doing the 2nd round of cleanup. (I did the first). What a lovely day.









No comments:

Post a Comment