Thursday, July 30, 2015

Injustice

According to www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary, the definition of injustice is unfair treatment : a situation in which the rights of a person or a group of people are ignored. I was spending time with the Lord this morning and I was thinking about Jacob's sporting experiences. Then I was reading in Micah, chapter 2, and it states: "Woe to those who plan iniquity.....", but it also states that they plot evil, covet and take things that don;t belong to them and defraud people of what is rightfully theirs. Now, before I continue on, I need to put in a disclaimer. I am not without my own sin. I am aware that I am in desperate need of the saving grace that comes from Jesus' sacrifice alone. But dang, I can't stand what mean people can and will do. I know I am sometimes rude, sassy, stubborn and arrogant. But I honestly believe that I am not mean. Mean stinks. I think you can have an opinion and not be mean. I think you can not like someone and still not be mean. I think you can be right and not be mean. I also think you can be wrong and not be mean. But in order to not be mean, you have to have some level of compassion for someone other than yourself. Sadly, I see so many people that ONLY care about themselves (or their families). I think caring for your families is a great thing, but not at the expense of others. I don't think we should really do anything at the expense of others. But maybe I am digressing a little.......back to Jacob. He is a great athlete. He is a great team player. He is an encourager. He is extremely competitive. And he loves to play. That is why it is so hard for this momma to watch other people be so mean to him. I hate watching his "friends" treat him the way they do. I hate that his "friends" parents act the same way. I hate that "coaches" he has had have overlooked him because they don't like Greg and I or are threatened that Jacob might be better than their own son. As I was thinking about this injustice that keeps happening to my son, the Lord reminded me that He too watched His Son experience injustice. And He had the power to stop it. But didn't because His love for others (me, you, the "friends", the "coaches") was so great and He knew that we needed Jesus' sacrifice. Without that sacrifice, we would NEVER be able to be with Him.  I get this. Over and over, I get this. What I am struggling with is why Jacob has to experience his injustice. What is it? What am I doing wrong? Or is this part of God's plan? Part of His plan to make Jacob into an even greater man? I am more than proud of who Jacob is becoming. He is still a kid, but I see his character developing and am proud that he is different. He is not going to follow the crowd. I'm sure he will make his share of mistakes, but he seems to not want to be like the others. He told me the other day that he just "wants to play". What is wrong with that? Can't my kid just be a kid? Why does he have to be treated so unfairly? That's it for now......I'll keep you posted. But while I wait, I will continue to rust God's perfect plan for Jacob (and all my kiddos). Sometimes this hurts so much, but I am reassured that I am in good company. The Lord is walking with me. He has walked in my shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment