Sunday, December 7, 2014

And The Sickness Continues.....

So, the Friday after Thanksgiving Grace got sick and went to Urgent Care. Then we came home and while Grace remained sick, Jadyn got sick. This was fever, sore throat, cough kind of sick. Monday, Greg stayed home with the girls. Tuesday, I had Challenge Day so I had to go to school, but Jadyn was better, yet Grace was still sick and Jacob joined the party. Wednesday, Grace made it back to school and Jacob insisted that, although he still had a headache and his throat hurt, he was better. He also had a basketball game that night that he wanted to be at and had a speech to give in his public speaking class. He suffered royally through the basketball game, and arrived home with a 102.6 fever. Thursday I stayed home with Jacob who never moved from the bed. By Friday, his fever was still not gone, so Grandma and Grandpa took care of him. Late Friday night/early Saturday morning, Jacob learned how to "be sick" - basically how to cough the crud out. He was still in bed Saturday, but seemed to be doing better. Saturday night, Jacob is in bed with me, Greg is in Jacob's bed (the bottom bunk) and Grant is in the top bunk. I was awakened by Greg screaming my name. I ran/stumbled down the first flight of stairs, before he yelled again that he was in the boys' room. When I got in there, I saw him standing by the bed, just yelling. I asked what was wrong and he said Grant was throwing up. So, I grabbed Grant, wrapped in his blankets, and took him to the bathroom to "finish". I put him in the shower and cleaned him up while Greg, finally awake, cleaned the bed. I put Grant back in his bed so I could go shower the barf off of me. When I got out of the shower, I found that Greg had taken Grant's mattress down from his bed and put it on the floor next to the bed where I was sleeping. So, I have fever boy on my left and barf boy on my right. So, the rest of the night went on without much commotion. At 6:30, Jacob woke up and went to the shower. After a few minutes of showering and coughing, he started yelling for me. When I got in there, he said he could not see. I thought he was over-reacting. But then when I really looked at him, his pupils were dilated and he was looking straight ahead, looking like someone that was blind. It was a terrifying moment. I instantly felt the adrenaline rush through my body and was telling myself to think, process, move. Then I realized I needed to pray. As I dressed Jacob, I prayed. As I dressed myself, I prayed. God gave me peace. Instantly. I was still scared. But I was able to function and knew God was holding Jacob. But. Still. Terrified. I drove Jacob to the emergency room, mostly carefully - I MAY have run 1 or 2 red lights. Upon talking with the doctor, we learned that he "almost" passed out. He had the "blackout" where oxygen wasn't going to the brain, or something like that. He was weak and I had to get him out of the shower. But he was cognizant. That was reassuring. While we were on the way to the ER, his vision came back. Backing up, before I left to take Jacob to ER, Greg was having diarrhea. At first I thought it was nerves, but he must have a slight bit of whatever Grant has. And me? Well, I was very tired. Still kind of am. Have a sore throat that stretches into my ears. But other than that....things are great. God is so good. Even when sickness abounds, He is faithful and cares for us. Sometimes we have to STOP and look.




No comments:

Post a Comment