Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving - and Thankfulness










Thanksgiving has ALWAYS been my favorite holiday. ALWAYS. Time with family. No pretenses. No gifts. No trying to outdo or be better than anyone else. Just thankfulness and family. This year changed all that. Oh, don't get me wrong - this Thanksgiving was filled with cousins playing together, having fun, but it was overrun with other crap too. So, as I sit and think over my (used-to-be) favorite holiday, I wonder how thankful we really are. By we, I mean all of us. I have recently mentioned to a lot of people that if we looked at things through other people's perspective (thank you Mr. T), we could alleviate a lot of our problems. When we chose to look at things only through our own perspective, we become selfish. We think what "we" want, what "we" would do, how "we" feel, and not at all about what the intent is/was.

I spent some time with some really GREAT kids this weekend. And I love them all so much. Each one has amazing traits and characteristics, and is irreplaceable. Without each and everyone of them, our family would be incomplete. As you can see from these pictures, they all love each other so much and long to be together.

We did have to take a detour to the ER/Urgent Care, as Grace was under the weather. Coughing, sore throat, fever, stomach ache, head ache. The doctor said it was a virus and sent us away, but I believe that this poor kid really does have strep throat. We will see. Everyone is a little down/under the weather, but I am guessing that a good part of this is emotional exhaustion. Hopefully, Thanksgiving can be redeemed. Maybe next year will be better. Maybe next year will be at home. Heaven only knows. But I sure hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment