Monday, February 10, 2014

What a Day!

Yesterday was Sunday! That meant church! I love going to church! Yesterday was especially special because Aunt Alicia and Uncle Jeremy were coming to church, then coming over for lunch. Mom and Dad were coming too! At church, I was hugged and kissed by one of mom's clients, who subsequently introduced me to mom's boss. I was also going to meet for the first time the wife of a man on the prayer team with me - and I've been so looking forward to meeting her. Another person on my radar was "Brad". At this point I really didn't know his name, but I knew who he was. You see, Brad is the super wild, super colorful lover of Jesus that was one of the reasons I loved my church so much from day 1. He was one of the great sea of diverse people just worshiping God - no pretenses - just love. So, yesterday I introduced myself to him and told him how he had an impact on why I was at this church. Awesome guy - awesome conversation! Then as we were sitting in church, I saw a teacher from school come in! I excused myself from my seat and gave her a hug! Super exciting! What a great day it is shaping up to be! I had earlier in the morning received a text from someone who I've invited to church, but hasn't been able to come. She asked if I was going to be at church - of course I was! Was she coming? I kept looking for her but didn't see her. After the service, as I was trying to leave (lunch at my house, remember?) I saw her! I ran up to her and hugged her and her kiddos, and shook her hubby's hand. Oh my word! I was so excited! Then my pride took over - ugh. Oh, this was not the best "first" service for her to come to. You see, we were wrapping up a series on the trouble with Christianity, with a conversation with a Bio-chemist. Know what she said to me? "I knew you would say that." Then she went on to tell me that she was watching Bill Nye, the science guy that morning. She thought to herself what does science have to do with God? "I'm going to church," she said to her family. They got in the car and drove to my church. And what was the sermon on? Yep. God and Science. Are you kidding me? She did not even know what was going on at our church. I love how God works!!! And a fabulous way to knock me down a few rungs. What the heck do I know? God's ways are not our ways, neither are his thoughts our thoughts. Boy, am I glad for that today!!!!! All this, then as the night wore on, Grace asked me if I would start reading the Bible with her. Of course I will! We started in Matthew. I read Chapter 1, she read chapter 2, she read chapter3......then she realized that Jesus was baptized. She was amazed at that. Then she turned to me, and asked if she could be baptized. As super excited as I was, I questioned WHY she would want to do this. You see, I don't want her to do this because I want her to. I don't want her to do this because she thinks it will make me happy, or because other people are doing it. She looked at me, with tears shining in the corners of her eyes, and said, "Because I love Jesus and want to live for him." One proud momma there. So, I explained that she will have to be able to defend her faith (which she definitely can) and told her that I would look into making this happen for her. So, you see.......this was an AMAZING day!

No comments:

Post a Comment