Sunday, December 8, 2013

Just Some Things.....

Thursday night, our co-ed volleyball league started. Unfortunately, most of our games are at 8:30 pm, which is not really a great time for my kiddos that need to be in bed at a more reasonable time. That said, we crushed the other team - I found myself wondering if it was a joke. Last year, they were much more competitive. Weird.

Friday night was my CHRISTmas party for work. My mom came to my house to hang out with the kids, and my friend Beth's kids were here too (she was at the party too). The party was fine. When we got home and into the garage, I could hear music blaring. I wondered what was going on. When we walked into the house, all the lights were off and the kids jumped out from the dark, dancing. They were in shorts and tank tops (or no shirts, as was the case for Grant and Garrett) and were dancing fools. Apparently, grandma juiced them up. I think they had a better time that we did.

Saturday night we went to church. After church, the Woodburys, the Pawlaks and the Woodbury grandparents all piled into Greg's big van and headed out to Brighton Assembly of God to see the live Nativity. We waited about 45 minutes in line, had 95 miles to go before the van was empty of gas, although the boys in the back of the van had more than enough gas for everyone; played lots of loud games and saw an amazing rendition of Jesus' life. What a great reminder of what we are supposed to be celebrating during this time of the year.

Sunday morning we slept in. Good thing too, since Grace had a migraine.  Then we went to grandma and grandpa's house for dinner. After dinner, grandma, the girls and I went to see the play, "It's a Wonderful Life!" Grandma's friend's son was George Bailey - the lead role. As the play was ending, Jadyn leaned over to me and said, "I guess their son was pretty good." Oh, how she cracks me up.

Jacob had his first 2 games in the Big Cat basketball league. I believe they won both games, but I was so overshadowed by Jacob's weird playing time that I forgot to ask about the wins. After playing only 1:45 of 20 minutes in the first half, I was glad to hear that my dad yelled across the court, "Jacob - are you going to play?" I was also VERY THANKFUL that I was at home.

As I was at home waiting for my boys to get back from basketball, I was cleaning the kitchen and praying (for everyone's attitudes - especially mine). I took the faucet, that is also the sprayer out of the place where it rests, and it broke right off! There was water spraying all over the kitchen, including right in my face! All I could do was laugh. Of course, that was after I shut the water off. Good thing Greg was able to fix it when he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment