Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Another Lesson From Grace

Last night while I was at volleyball we had an incident. Greg was in the bathroom, the neighbor girl was over, and Grant decided to get into his underwear and run around. As if this was not bad enough, Jacob - in all his 10 year old wisdom - decided to video tape Grant with his ipod. Grace just sat there and played her ipod. Finally Jadyn decided that maybe she should go tell dad what was going on. Needless to say, the ipods are (once again) gone for some time. Since the kids were in bed when I got home, I talked to them this morning. Leave it to Grace to put some spin on it. She said, "I was laying in bed thinking about this last night. You know, everyone in a family has a part to play. You and dad are supposed to teach us kids, and you taught Jacob. Then Jacob taught me and then I taught Jadyn and Jadyn taught Grant. But you and dad still need to teach Grant what to do. You know, dad walks around in his underwear, so Grant thinks that this is ok. Then when dad was working on the smoke detector, he said 'a-hole', then Grant said it too. See what I mean? Grant just does what he sees you doing." Ummmm......THAT is not what I was doing. Dad maybe but not me. And I don't recall dad walking around in his underwear when we had company over. I called Greg to let him know that is was HIS FAULT that all this took place. And he could not stop laughing. We have the most amazing kids ever. Even if they are naughty sometimes - they are still amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment