Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jacob's 4th Grade Graduation Program

The 4th graders put on a program for the parents on the last day of school. They played their recorders for us (to show what they have learned in music class), they sang the Creekside song, and we all watched a class slideshow from all their years at Creekside. It was followed by the 4th graders being "clapped out" of the school, first by the rest of the student body, then by the parents. It was a very cool thing. I thought I would be very emotional through the whole thing. However, I held it together until I was driving away from the school. It was then that I thought about what had happened. After the kids were done singing and playing, they had to come and sit on the floor in front of the parents. They were supposed to stay in the same order as they were on stage and with their class. Because I was in the front row (I am ALWAYS in the front row - be the Good LORD willing), Jacob came up and sat right at my feet. He did not stay in his order. He did not sit with his friends. He sat at my feet and laid his head in my lap. He even let me rub his arms and shoulders. That was what broke me. Even when he had a very clear opportunity to stay away from me, he choose to be near me. THAT makes me a very happy momma. I love that boy so much. Heck, I love all my kiddos so much that sometimes I feel that my heart will explode for all the love I have. Crazy to think, in light of that, that God loves them even more than that. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment