Sunday, June 10, 2012

Field Day 2012

The highlight of field day this year was the addition of a dunk tank. It was not supposed to be there but....well here is the story. Jadyn's kindergarten class was having a kindergarten carnival the day after field day. I emailed her teacher and asked to be put on the worst station she could get me on. The next day she came to me and told me I would be in the dunk tank. We went back and forth, joking about it for a couple of days. On Tuesday, (field day was Wednesday) I asked out PTO president if she knew of anyone with a dunk tank - we had to get a dunk tank for field day. She did some research and found a place that had one - then she went and sweet talked the gym teacher into letting us have some of his budgeted money to pay for it. The plan was we would have it for field day and then keep it overnight for the kindergarten carnival. I had to pick it up and set it up early on the morning of field day. Our gym teacher was apprehensive to say the least, but needless to say, by the end of the day he thought this was the greatest idea ever. So did the kids. They had so much fun dunking their teachers or the principal or even some of their (favorite) parents/lunch ladies. Guess who had to be the first one in? In the water that just came out from the hose? Yep. It was me. And I loved every minute of it!!!! I am now a bona-fide "carnie". I can take down, set up and run a dunk tank like it was nothing. After school, I had my mom, sister, nephews and friends come out and have a turn. The kids were desperate to get in and my mom, sister and friend Stephanie were desperate to dunk me. Whatever. It was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment