Saturday, September 10, 2016

We've Hit a New Point in Our Lives

We have a high schooler. What?!? I know - crazy. I cannot be that old. I simply cannot. Alas, I am and here we are. Jacob is enjoying high school very much. He has made some upper classmen friends, and attended his first pre-game party and football game as a high schooler last night. He came home hoarse and smiling, telling of how in the "student section" they yelled and jumped up and down and had a ball. While he was doing that, Grace was with her friends, hanging out at the "fence", Jadyn was running around with her friends, near the "fence" and Grace was on the field with his little league football team. Oh yeah, Greg was sitting in the bleachers at the 50 yard line, watching the game. Meanwhile, I paced back and forth between the bleachers and the concession stand - trying to keep part of an eye on my kids. They were having a ball and I was miserable. I am not a football game kind of girl. I don't care for large crowds. I don;t care for "high school drama" (kids or parents) and am not a partying sort of girl.That said, my kiddos were having so much fun and I for one am thankful they did not inherit my genes when it comes to this. I am thankful they want to be out having fun and being with their friends. So, I will attend when I have to, but will be praying from home while they are having fun. Praying for their safety and good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment