Monday, June 15, 2015

A Look into My Future?

I was at work and received the following text....from my mother. When I called her back I found out that my dad was unable to swallow and was having a hard time breathing. He decided he needed to go to the doctor AFTER she had already taken her sleeping pills (because she works midnights and needs help falling asleep during the day). So I rushed to the ER and found my dad barely able to move, white as a sheet and unable to talk, and my mother was almost asleep in the chair. Once they gave me the 411, my mom decided she needed to go home to sleep. She says she can drive home, while her head is on the back of the chair and when she does stand up she cannot keep her balance. So, I veto that. I ended up calling a friend to come and take her home. The picture here is of when we were waiting for said friend to come get mom. Dad is sleeping in the bed and mom is passed on in my lap. Oh....what does my future hold? Where were my brother and sister then?? My mother made it home, all the while talking like a drunk the whole way there. My friend said it was pretty funny. My mother, on the other hand, still does not remember a second of the entire thing. But she was totally fine to drive home, right? After 7 hours in the ER, they decided that he needed to be admitted for IV antibiotics and steroids and observation. That required an ambulance ride, which neither of us wanted. So we arrived in Ann Arbor at 9:25pm, Dad finally had a room by 2:00am, and I was home in bed by 2:38pm. All of this because the knucklehead decided to stop taking his medications.  This caused an abscess in his throat that swelled up and cause these problems. So now we have more doctor appointments for the abscess and to get back on and regulate medications. Good thing I love him.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment