Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Basketball Woes

We had a bit of an issue over the weekend with our basketball team. Jacob did not get his usual amount of play time at his last game. I think it is because my dad and I were a little too mouthy and the coach was trying to prove something to us, although when we asked after the game, he said that he "just didn't notice." You can only imagine how that sat with me, being the nice, sweet person that I am. So, basically, I have been carrying a grudge. Last night, Jacob had practice and I suggested that Greg go to the practice after Jadyn's concert....just to check things out. At about 7:45 pm, I went upstairs with Grant, laid down with him and prayed. We prayed and prayed and prayed. We prayed for my attitude, the coach's attitude, that Jacob would not be adversely affected by my poor choices, that we would all move past this, etc. When Greg got home, I asked him how it went. He said that as soon as practice was over, the coach came right up to him and talked with him about Jacob. They talked about what he was doing good and what he could work on. Greg said that the coach was very nice and courteous to him. Oh! I forgot to tell you that when Greg dropped Jacob off....the coach was stand-offish and rude to Greg - which was what prompted my prayers in the first place. As Greg was telling me about his conversation with the coach, a HUGE smile spread across my face. He asked what I was smiling about. I said there is no coincidence in the fact that the coach's attitude was different. I told Greg that Grant and I were praying for that very thing while practice was ending. What an AWESOME God we serve!!!!!! It never ceases to amaze me when I see God work in ways like this. It is not that He is TOO BIG to deal with this, but rather that He is SO BIG that He cares about the minute details of my life. He definitely cares about your details too! Praise His Holy Name!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment